cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdog763
Frequent Visitor

Component Output Properties suddenly generating errors

I accidentally posted this in the Power Apps Pro Dev & ISV forum so I am reposting it here.

I have a component developed in a component library.  It works in existing apps but now when I include it in any new app an error is generated in both of the output properties (one a record and the other a table).   The error message for both is similar:

The record [table] passed in has none of the expected fields [columns]: SampleBooleanField, SampleNumberField, SampleStringField

I have found two ways to fix the error both of which require me to copy the component into the new app, so the solution is really for the copied component but it may provide insight as to what is going on.  In the copied component both of the output have a variable that is set within the component using Set() function.  In the copied component I can remove the error with one of the following methods:

• I can remove the variable and then add it back in.
  • I can toggle on and then off the option "Access app scope"

I have looked inside my component library app (the source for the component) and there are no errors there.  I also can insert multiple instances of the component in the existing app and there are no errors.  The errors appear only when the component is added into a new app.  I find the error message off because I thought that was more associated with the input parameters and what gets passed in.  While I can get passed this with a copied component my motivation is to leverage the component library to ensure consistency.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

Removing the output property and re-adding the property in component library, importing this component back to target app, should fix this issue. 

Another workaround (Not recommended as that feature is retired):

In the app where you are importing component library, enable following retired feature, save the app and reopen it. The error should go away after this.

ShantanuP_0-1653055468786.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @PD ,

Would it be possible for you to share a repro component where this error happens? Also what authoring version that you are using for your app?

I opened a ticket with Microsoft Support on this and I have shared my component library app and my destination with them.  Thanks.

Hi @pdog763 , since today I'm facing a similar issue with my component library apps. Suddenly the output variables generating errors. When I'm looking inside my component library app there are no issues there - everything is working as expected. Only when adding the component to a new canvas app or editing an existing canvas app the components suddenly creating errors. All errors are related to the output variables. Two days ago everything was working fine - I did not made any changes to the components.

Have you discovered a solution for your issues? Many thanks!

Microsoft Support has given me a workaround.  I have not tried it yet because I have a production app which relies on the component so I'm planning my efforts for the workaround.  The workaround is to go into the component library to the component in question and then to delete and add back the output variables.  I'm hopeful it works for both of us.

Thanks for responding. I tried it but no success. In my case every output variable is empty. I removed them, added them again or build in new outputs. Nothing is working. Not even simple a simple text output has any value - it is simple empty.

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

@pdog763 / @magister1985 , Can you please share your library msapp to me in private message? What are the steps to repro it?

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

Also what is the error message that you see. 

This is the error message I see.  I thought this was strange because this is the error message I see on the INPUT parameters, not the OUTPUT.  

The record [table] passed in has none of the expected fields [columns]: SampleBooleanField, SampleNumberField, SampleStringField

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

Removing the output property and re-adding the property in component library, importing this component back to target app, should fix this issue. 

Another workaround (Not recommended as that feature is retired):

In the app where you are importing component library, enable following retired feature, save the app and reopen it. The error should go away after this.

ShantanuP_0-1653055468786.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,462)