Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArafatTehsin
Resolver I
Resolver I

Component Property Issues

Hello!

I want to understand the way Output Property works. My scenario is like this;

I have created a Dialog that is Shown or Hidden on the basis of a property that is kept local inside the Component, known as ShowPopup (boolean). 

Now I have two basic questions;

1. Is it possible to update the Custom Input Property from the app such as I have to update the property ShowPopup on the OnSelect of a control within the same component. Such as button. 
  2. If the first one is not possible then how can I achieve this by passing an Custom Output Property such as Button Response to the control where is it used and then on the basis of that Output, it sends the Input command again as ShowPopup = false so that it gets hidden.

Please let me know if you want further information on this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ArafatTehsin
I would suggest you study the dialog component available for free in the community gallery. You will likely find the answer you seek there.

Link To Dialog Component
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Canvas-Apps-Components-Samples/Dialog-Control/td-p/325523

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@ArafatTehsin 

I am not clear on what you are trying to do here.  Can you please share a screenshot of the component?  Then describe: "how will the pop-up be turned on/off by the user"?

Basically, I want to achieve this in a component. I want to create a Dialog Component of my own exactly similar to this post. How can I do that? https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/creating-dialogs-in-powerapps/

@ArafatTehsin
I would suggest you study the dialog component available for free in the community gallery. You will likely find the answer you seek there.

Link To Dialog Component
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Canvas-Apps-Components-Samples/Dialog-Control/td-p/325523

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,973)