cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kriggo15
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Component Screen Navigation issue

I have a menu component that I created and am running into issues getting the Navigate function to work. I've set up a transparent box over the text and icon and have set the OnSelect property to: Navigate([@HomeScreen, Cover]) but I am getting an error stating that the formula contains invalid arguments and the name isn't recognized.

What am I doing wrong?

component.png

16 REPLIES 16
kriggo15
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

So I figured it out. Found a video showing that I needed to add some custom properties and assign those accordingly.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Videos/PowerApps-Tuesday-Tutorials-43-Components-Navigation-Bar/... 

@kriggo15 

What specifically did you have to do?  I would like to know so I can help others in the future.

kriggo15
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@mdevaney 

If you watch the video from 3:30-7:45 you can see it there.

Basically, I had to create a custom input property on the component that was a screen. You then set the navigate function on the custom property and give it an input on the screen.

@kriggo15 

I will definitely review this because its not the first time your question has come up in the forums and I was totally baffled!

I wrote a post on this. Hope it helps!

SravyaP

Hi, I'm facing with similar issue. where i have used gallery for menu component and kept labels in the table to navigate each screen. And i have used custom property for table. i couldn't able to navigate to other screens from the home screen and nothing happens when i click on the label. but i have used same component in other screens it is working fine. i didn't understand what is wrong with it

PPG-Ezra
Helper I
Helper I

Components cannot see fields or formulas outside of themselves. You need to create a custom field and reference to it from the actual app. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,337)