cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Component Screen Navigation issue

I have a menu component that I created and am running into issues getting the Navigate function to work. I've set up a transparent box over the text and icon and have set the OnSelect property to: Navigate([@HomeScreen, Cover]) but I am getting an error stating that the formula contains invalid arguments and the name isn't recognized.

What am I doing wrong?

component.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Component Screen Navigation issue

So I figured it out. Found a video showing that I needed to add some custom properties and assign those accordingly.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Videos/PowerApps-Tuesday-Tutorials-43-Components-Navigation-Bar/... 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@kriggo15 

Can you please share a screenshot of the full error message?

Also, can you try removing the [@] from your code?

Navigate(HomeScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@mdevaney  I tried both with the @ and without and had the same issue so I just screenshotted one of them.

component2.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@kriggo15 

I would like to see the error message when you use [@HomeScreen] in a screenshot too please.  It would also be nice to see your screen name in the left-side menu too.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@mdevaney  Error below:

component3.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@kriggo15 

Sorry, I was also hoping to see your workspace.  I want to take a look at your left-side menu where you have the screen name showing.  Sorry for all the requests.  Just trying to help!

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@mdevaney  Screens below. Don't judge my screen titles, I renamed them to generalize the names.

component4.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@rebeccas 

Would you have the time to take a look at this one?  To me the code looks good.  Not sure what I am missing.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@mdevaney  hmm...that does seem to be an odd one.

@kriggo15 

One thing I would suggest (which looks like you did on one screen shot) is don't try to type it in, take the hints. So do the Navigate(

and then click on the HomeScreen.

Also, it shouldn't matter but I never use that ScreenTransition portion..it is a given. I just do --> Navigate(ScreenHome, Cover)

That shouldn't really matter either but worth trying.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@rebeccas@mdevaney, I have been using the hints and do Cover as well. It shows that way when I click in the formula bar. Here it is when not editing the formula:

component5.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,565)