cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lk777
Helper III
Helper III

Component for popup message with the passing OnSelect property to the component

I am trying to create a component for popup messages with the OnSelect property for the confirmation button that looks like this:

Remove(colPics,LookUp(colPics,FileNamePic = galPicturesSaved.Selected.FileNamePic));UpdateContext({varShowPopupFileSaved:false})

It seems that it can not be achieved by assigning this string to some input property of the component.

I was hoping that I could assign it to the component input property and via a component internal variable assign it to the output property.

A Text property can't help to achieve this, at least I do not know how.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I have just realized that this is not possible to achieve and will continue to use my in app solution.

2 REPLIES 2
FCGALLEG
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ik777, 

Sorry, do you need help or everything is good?

Thanks,

Javier

Canvas Power App Modal Dialog (Popup) helped me to accomplish my goals. Component's input and output properties were not helpful for what I needed from a component. Using collections and a toggle switch to execute some complex code running in an application did the trick. The problem with variables is that they are isolated in components and in an application, but collections are accessible by both. That toggle.Default is a wonderful property to fire a toggle switch.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,289)