Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Components and Back button

HI

I'm using a component for my header on my canvas app,  which includes a back button to navigate to a previous screen with the code in the component  on the OnSelect property of the back button set to Back(Fade)

It appears the back button on the home page holds no value, so I'd like to disable it, as it cannot go back as there is no back screen to navigate to, what do i do in a situation like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@EricLott 

Further to my last message will be good to know what you meant or how i do your suggestion

But I've just figured another way, ive changed the displaymode property of the button in the component to state:

If(App.ActiveScreen.Name = "HomeScreen", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

I guess this does not cater for the unlikely scenario when the user is navigating from a view screen to the home screen, as the button will stay disabled

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You could have an input property on your component for whether the Back button is enabled and just set it to false on the home page.

Highlighted

Hi @EricLott 

How do get an input property on the components back button?

Highlighted

@EricLott 

Further to my last message will be good to know what you meant or how i do your suggestion

But I've just figured another way, ive changed the displaymode property of the button in the component to state:

If(App.ActiveScreen.Name = "HomeScreen", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

I guess this does not cater for the unlikely scenario when the user is navigating from a view screen to the home screen, as the button will stay disabled

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Watch back input on components at 6:38 minutes:

https://youtu.be/r_PhxRWQTqA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,126)