Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Components and collection warning

Greetings,

I opened an app I after setting on the shelf for a while and am now receiving the following warning:

'formula within canvas component manipulates collection...'

Anyone know why this throws a warning?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Components and collection warning

@KickingApps 

Canvas components do not current support the use of Collections.  You might not have received a timely warning about this because the app would have been in experimental/preview mode when you first built it.  Early access starts in Feb 2020 and general availability is in April 2020.

Untitled.png

Link To Documentation:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/components-available-in-preview/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@KickingApps 

Canvas components do not current support the use of Collections.  You might not have received a timely warning about this because the app would have been in experimental/preview mode when you first built it.  Early access starts in Feb 2020 and general availability is in April 2020.

Untitled.png

Link To Documentation:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/components-available-in-preview/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Ah - that makes sense.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Any updates on this? It's almost may already. I've run into issues patching/updating collections inside a component

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Update: Seems like collections are semi-supported after all in Components contrary to the documentation!

In the OnReset property I have the following formula (TreeData is an input variable of type table):

ClearCollect(ComponentTmp; Component1.TreeData)

It gives a warning, but the ClearCollect works! After this I can use Patch and UpdateIf like normal, except that it also give a warning 🙂 It's funny that Collect, ClearCollect, Patch and UpdateIf doesn't show up in the formula auto-complete, but it still works 🙂

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@mdevaney 

I've created a component in my app that accesses a collection define within the app. Works perfectly. I want to now put that component into a component library, assumption being that the collection must exist in any app that wants to use it. Is this possible or does the component need to continue to reside only in my app.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@mike528 
How does it access the collection from your app.

Does it take the collection as a 'Table' type Input property?  If yes, then in your new app you will need to pass a Table with a similar structure into component with different values as needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,212)