cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Components in PowerApps

If I have Component its name Component _Test and I add in this component text input and create all required properties ,I add this component three time in screen as below

Component _Test_1 => Default:10
Component _Test_2 => Default:20

Component _Test_3 => Default:Component _Test_1.Text +Component _Test_2.Text 

I get Circular Reference Error, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Components in PowerApps

@Mena-sh
You are getting this error because you used an input property to calculate something based on other input properties. This creates a circular reference.

If you simply want to display Test1 + Test 2 within your component then do not create a property to calculate it. Simply put Test1 + Test2 in the Text property of a label. Then it will display the value.

Then if you want to output the result of Test1 + Test2 create and output property called Test3 and put the code Value(Label3.Text) inside of it. Now you can access the result by referencing the component like this: ComponentName.Test3

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Mena-sh 
Did you set Test #3 as an Input property or an Output property?  I believe it has to be set as an Output property and this could be causing your error.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

What are other properties that you have on the component and what are the rules on it?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Its for sure input property because I want to display calculation inside text input in Component 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ShantanuP 
I have 4 input Properties 1 record , 2 text and 1 Boolean , and also  I have 2 output 1 Text and 1 Value

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Mena-sh
You are getting this error because you used an input property to calculate something based on other input properties. This creates a circular reference.

If you simply want to display Test1 + Test 2 within your component then do not create a property to calculate it. Simply put Test1 + Test2 in the Text property of a label. Then it will display the value.

Then if you want to output the result of Test1 + Test2 create and output property called Test3 and put the code Value(Label3.Text) inside of it. Now you can access the result by referencing the component like this: ComponentName.Test3

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,598)