cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoudFrints
Frequent Visitor

Components on bottom of screen

I am building an app to schowcase the simplicity of designing in PowerApps.
Therefor I have made a collection of components, which contain the items the designers have to use (to prevent them from searching between all UI items, since they only have a couple of minutes).
I want to have some base elements on my canvas, such as a header, a background and maybe a button.

However, every time I add one of the custom components, it is send to the bottom of the items list, thus appearing beneath the header and background.
For regular items it places them at the top of the items list, thus appearing above the header and background.
Is there a way to solve this, by for example, locking things in the background/back layer?
I've tried adding the base items to a group or container, in which the container seemed promissing because it showed the new components on top, but the second I release my newly added component, it is still send to the back.

See the screenshots for extra clarification

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @NoudFrints 

Placing a control is based on the control selection on the screen.

For Example, If you selected the gallery or container then-new control is placed inside the parent control. If nothing is selected control will be placed on top of the screen. As you mentioned, have a container is an option but you need to select the container before you insert another control.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @NoudFrints 

Placing a control is based on the control selection on the screen.

For Example, If you selected the gallery or container then-new control is placed inside the parent control. If nothing is selected control will be placed on top of the screen. As you mentioned, have a container is an option but you need to select the container before you insert another control.

View solution in original post

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @NoudFrints 

Please let us know if anything needs on your post. We can help with this.

Please do not forget to give kudos if you find the suggestion helpful or Accept it as a solution if works fine to help other users to find it useful.

NoudFrints
Frequent Visitor

Hi @StalinPonnusamy ,

I fixed the issue by making all UI elements "drag and drop", rather than keeping some of them in place.
I tried your solution by not selecting anything and this indeed works, so thanks for that!
I'll accept it accordingly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,727)