cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkiDK
Level 8

Compress and push image into SQL database

Hey Everyone,

Is it possible to compress an image in Powerapps and push it to the SQL database? Ideally I want to be able to push the image in both high quality as low quality into the database, but I'm not sure if this is a possibility in Powerapps? Maybe any workarounds for this?

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Compress and push image into SQL database

Hi @SkiDK ,

Do you want to compress image within PowerApps app, and then save it to your SQL Table?

If you want to compress image within PowerApps app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

The user @chee has also faced same issue with you, please check the following thread for more details:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Compress-or-resizing-images-taken-via-camera-contr...

If you would like this feature to be achieved in PowerApps, please vote the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Compress-and-scale-images/idi-p/78045/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SkiDK
Level 8

Hey @v-xida-msft Thanks for the reply,

Yes. That's what I would like to do.

On the thread you linked to vote for this feature, the status is already 'Complete' although it does not cover other devices than mobiles.

Highlighted

I have a number of blogs posted on my website that levaging different techniques to render photos stored in SharePoint document libraries in highly compressed formats which work within web clients as well as in the context of the PowerApps client from the mobile app stores. It may perhaps be somewhat of a workaround as the demos are based on images stored in SharePoint document libraries, however the quality of the highly compressed images returned (fully customizable) are second to none and there is very little effort required to implement. Patching the compressed images as a blob from PowerApps to SQL should equally be relatively straighforward.

SharePoint-Powered Thumbnails Have Arrived!

Leveraging Graph APIs in PowerApps & Flow – Photos

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,978)