Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Concat comboboxes to update text field

Hello PowerApps Community,

I am working on a checkout app that users need to set their length of time they will have an item checked out. I am using SharePoint Lists for my datasource. My Duration field is a text field. I have added two comboboxes to my data card named, Numerical and Interval. I am trying to have the users select a number from the numerical combobox and a value (days, months, week). When they submit their request I need the text field to show "x days" or "x weeks" or "x months". I have manually set the comboboxes items and they do show up.

When I use

Concat(Numerical.SelectedItems, Interval.Selected.Values) it only shows the interval item (days, weeks, months)

When I use Concat(Duration, Numerical.SelectedItems, Interval.Selected.Values) it shows both Numerical and Interval repeating (1week1week1week.......)

When I try

Numerical.SelectedItems & Interval.Selected.Values it shows false.

How can I get the number and (days, weeks, months) to show up in the text field? I am trying to make the PowerApp so that all responses follow a uniformed method and avoid, "I need it for awhile" or some other non definitive remarks.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

The concat() function does not do what you are expecting. it concatenates entire fields in tables. Instead what you are looking for is Concatenate().

The reason that

Numerical.SelectedItems & Interval.Selected.Values

doesn't work is that you are passing variables that are not Text. It needs to be something like this in the end:

Concatenate(Numerical.Selected.Value, " ", Interval.Selected.Value)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

The concat() function does not do what you are expecting. it concatenates entire fields in tables. Instead what you are looking for is Concatenate().

The reason that

Numerical.SelectedItems & Interval.Selected.Values

doesn't work is that you are passing variables that are not Text. It needs to be something like this in the end:

Concatenate(Numerical.Selected.Value, " ", Interval.Selected.Value)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @techtudoor 

Concat function is used to concat values in a table. Since you want to concat selections, can you try to update the expressions to:

Numerical.Selected.ColumnName&" "&Interval.Selected.ColumnName

Here, you need to replace ColumnName with the name of column from the combobox. If it is static array, then the name of column will be value.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Thank you @DylanSimons , concatenate worked perfectly. I have gotten away from using concatenate, that I forgot that it is still an option.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,896)