cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingy61422
Helper II
Helper II

Concat from one SP list to another

I'm trying to concat specific inputs to a SharePoint list.

This is what I have now:

Patch( ExpenseMaster, LookUp (ExpenseMaster, ID=Form1.LastSubmit.ID), { 'Air Wing': Concat( ExpenseDetails ,FlyUnit, "," ) } ) 

This is to get the desired record to patch to the master and be associated with the same ID 

When I do this I get the whole record in my SP list. Is there a way to have specific parts of the record concat?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kingy61422 ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Could you share the data structures of the two lists, as well as some sample data to help us understand the scenario? What do you mean by get the whole record? Concat function will concatenate all the column values with the separator. So what specific purpose would you like to achieve?

Based on your formula, I think there is a FlyUnit column in the ExpenseDetails list, what you want is to get corresponding FlyUnit value and populate it in the 'Air Wing' column of ExpenseMaster list. But what is the relationship between ExpenseMaster and ExpenseDetails lists? 

Maybe you can try below formula first, if there is a MasterID LookUp column (look up the ID column of the Master list) in the ExpenseDetails list:

Patch(
    ExpenseMaster, 
    LookUp(
        ExpenseMaster, 
        ID=Form1.LastSubmit.ID
    ), 
     //MasterID column is a LookUp column
    {'Air Wing': Concat(Filter(ExpenseDetails, MasterID.Value = Form1.LastSubmit.ID),FlyUnit, "," )}
     //MasterID column is a Text column
    {'Air Wing': Concat(Filter(ExpenseDetails, MasterID = Form1.LastSubmit.ID),FlyUnit, "," )}
) 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kingy61422 ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Could you share the data structures of the two lists, as well as some sample data to help us understand the scenario? What do you mean by get the whole record? Concat function will concatenate all the column values with the separator. So what specific purpose would you like to achieve?

Based on your formula, I think there is a FlyUnit column in the ExpenseDetails list, what you want is to get corresponding FlyUnit value and populate it in the 'Air Wing' column of ExpenseMaster list. But what is the relationship between ExpenseMaster and ExpenseDetails lists? 

Maybe you can try below formula first, if there is a MasterID LookUp column (look up the ID column of the Master list) in the ExpenseDetails list:

Patch(
    ExpenseMaster, 
    LookUp(
        ExpenseMaster, 
        ID=Form1.LastSubmit.ID
    ), 
     //MasterID column is a LookUp column
    {'Air Wing': Concat(Filter(ExpenseDetails, MasterID.Value = Form1.LastSubmit.ID),FlyUnit, "," )}
     //MasterID column is a Text column
    {'Air Wing': Concat(Filter(ExpenseDetails, MasterID = Form1.LastSubmit.ID),FlyUnit, "," )}
) 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,293)