cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Concat issue

I am using a concat function to populate a tooltip and it is returning the values but it duplicates each one.  I am not sure how to get rid of the second one on each line.

concatissue1.jpg

Concat(
    Filter(Holidays, Country = DropdownCountry.Selected.Result && HolidayDate = DateValue(LabelJanDate.Text)),
    Concatenate(Region, Region & Char(10))
   )

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

You're duplicating the Region in your formula!

Change to:

Concat(
    Filter(Holidays, 
         Country = DropdownCountry.Selected.Result && 
         HolidayDate = DateValue(LabelJanDate.Text)
    ),
    Region & Char(10)
)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

You're duplicating the Region in your formula!

Change to:

Concat(
    Filter(Holidays, 
         Country = DropdownCountry.Selected.Result && 
         HolidayDate = DateValue(LabelJanDate.Text)
    ),
    Region & Char(10)
)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

I thought that might be the case but tried something different.   Obviously I tried the wrong thing.

It's a duh sort of moment!  

Thanks a bunch...............

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

You were double concatenating - once with the Concatenate and once with the "&" concatenate shorthand.

So either Concatenate(Region, Char(10)) or Region & Char(10)  but not both mixed.  I prefer the & personally just cuz it's much less typing 😉

That's what you get when you follow someone else's solution and don't recognize that you have to modify something to fit your scenario.  🤣🤣

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Yes...be the leader, not the follower 😂😂😁  You'll always be in the right mind then! 😉

I'm getting there, not quite there yet, but on the way!

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Keep up the good work!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,570)