cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Concat with new line

I would like to know if it's possible to add a line return to a concatenate string.

I have this in the Text property of a label:

ConcatFormula.png

It returns this:

ConcatResults.png

I would like it to return like this, but only if it will keep that formatting when patched to a SharePoint multi-line (Rich Text) field:

European Union, Austria, AT

European Union, Belgium, BE

European Union, Bulgaria, BG

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
7 REPLIES 7
BitLord69
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi,

Add a "& Char(13)" at the end of the line. It adds a new line character to your string.

Good luck!

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

To add a line return you can use either of these:

Char(10)
Char(13)

The HTML version of this for Rich Text would be

<br>

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Sorry for the 'Noob' question, can you show me where in that line I would add it?

I am sure I will mess it up about a dozen times if I try myself.

Thanks

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@JR-BejeweledOne 
Yes, but can you supply the current code in Text format please?  I don't want to retype it from your image.  I'm too lazy for that lol.

I had to laugh because that's the exact reason I did a screen shot, although I suppose I 'could have' copied and pasted.  I think it's a little easier to read when it's got the colors, and I am FAR to lazy for that.

Left( Concat( Filter(Markets, !IsBlank(Region) && !IsBlank(Country) && !IsBlank(CountryCode)), Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; " ), Len(Concat(Markets, Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; ")) - 2 )

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Here's where the code should be placed:

Left( Concat( Filter(Markets, !IsBlank(Region) && !IsBlank(Country) && !IsBlank(CountryCode)), Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; " ), Len(Concat(Markets, Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & ";"&Char(13))) - 2 )

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Unfortunately that did not work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,022)