cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Concat with new line

I would like to know if it's possible to add a line return to a concatenate string.

I have this in the Text property of a label:

ConcatFormula.png

It returns this:

ConcatResults.png

I would like it to return like this, but only if it will keep that formatting when patched to a SharePoint multi-line (Rich Text) field:

European Union, Austria, AT

European Union, Belgium, BE

European Union, Bulgaria, BG

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
7 REPLIES 7
BitLord69
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi,

Add a "& Char(13)" at the end of the line. It adds a new line character to your string.

Good luck!

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@JR-BejeweledOne 

To add a line return you can use either of these:

Char(10)
Char(13)

The HTML version of this for Rich Text would be

<br>

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Sorry for the 'Noob' question, can you show me where in that line I would add it?

I am sure I will mess it up about a dozen times if I try myself.

Thanks

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@JR-BejeweledOne 
Yes, but can you supply the current code in Text format please?  I don't want to retype it from your image.  I'm too lazy for that lol.

I had to laugh because that's the exact reason I did a screen shot, although I suppose I 'could have' copied and pasted.  I think it's a little easier to read when it's got the colors, and I am FAR to lazy for that.

Left( Concat( Filter(Markets, !IsBlank(Region) && !IsBlank(Country) && !IsBlank(CountryCode)), Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; " ), Len(Concat(Markets, Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; ")) - 2 )

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Here's where the code should be placed:

Left( Concat( Filter(Markets, !IsBlank(Region) && !IsBlank(Country) && !IsBlank(CountryCode)), Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; " ), Len(Concat(Markets, Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & ";"&Char(13))) - 2 )

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Unfortunately that did not work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (63,998)