cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Concat with new line

I would like to know if it's possible to add a line return to a concatenate string.

I have this in the Text property of a label:

ConcatFormula.png

It returns this:

ConcatResults.png

I would like it to return like this, but only if it will keep that formatting when patched to a SharePoint multi-line (Rich Text) field:

European Union, Austria, AT

European Union, Belgium, BE

European Union, Bulgaria, BG

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: Concat with new line

Hi,

Add a "& Char(13)" at the end of the line. It adds a new line character to your string.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

To add a line return you can use either of these:

Char(10)
Char(13)

The HTML version of this for Rich Text would be

<br>

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Sorry for the 'Noob' question, can you show me where in that line I would add it?

I am sure I will mess it up about a dozen times if I try myself.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 
Yes, but can you supply the current code in Text format please?  I don't want to retype it from your image.  I'm too lazy for that lol.

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I had to laugh because that's the exact reason I did a screen shot, although I suppose I 'could have' copied and pasted.  I think it's a little easier to read when it's got the colors, and I am FAR to lazy for that.

Left( Concat( Filter(Markets, !IsBlank(Region) && !IsBlank(Country) && !IsBlank(CountryCode)), Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; " ), Len(Concat(Markets, Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; ")) - 2 )

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Here's where the code should be placed:

Left( Concat( Filter(Markets, !IsBlank(Region) && !IsBlank(Country) && !IsBlank(CountryCode)), Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & "; " ), Len(Concat(Markets, Region & ", " & Country & ", " & CountryCode & ";"&Char(13))) - 2 )

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Unfortunately that did not work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,272)