Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilanos
Helper III
Helper III

Concatenate 3 spearate list box values into a label

All,

If I have 3 listboxes, how do I concatenate all 3 values into a label?

Concatenate(listboxvalue1 "-", listboxvalue2, "-", listboxvalue3)

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@ilanos 

Put this code in the Text property of the label.  The & symbol has the same effect as concatenate.

listboxvalue1.Selected.Value & "-" & listboxvalue2.Selected.Value & "-" & listboxvalue3.Selected.Value

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

I added the following code to a Label.  Still not returning any values: Scope_1.Selected.Result & "-" & Process_1.Selected.Result

I have a listbox1 that filters a datasource to get the Title based on a dropdown item:

Distinct(Filter('QMS New Document-Scope', 'Corp/Business Segment/BU'.Value=Dropdown2_1.Selected.Result),Title)

listbox2: Distinct(Filter('QMS New Document-Process', Process.Label=Dropdown1_1.Selected.Result),Title)

I want to concatenate listbox1 and listbox2

@ilanos 
That's really odd that its not working.  You are using the correct column name Result.

listboxvalue1.Selected.Result & "-" & listboxvalue2.Selected.Result

I wonder, can you get anything to appear without the concatenation for a single listbox?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

No, I cant get anything to appear when I remove the concatenation.

I added this code to the Label: Scope_2.Selected.Result

@ilanos 
Have you clicked on any value in your listbox?  Using the Selected property requires something to be clicked.

Yes, you are correct.  Is there another solution to get the listbox values into a label?

@ilanos
I suppose what I am asking is: do you want the selected value to show in a label? Or do you want all of the list box values showing in a label?

Yes, I would like the Selected value to show in the label.  I tried this code but it doesn't change the Label value when I select from the dropdown:

If( Form1_1.Mode = FormMode.New, LookUp('DataSource',Dropdown1_1.SelectedText.Value=Dropdown1_1.Selected.Result).Title)

@ilanos
Your lookup foes not make sense to me. There is no comparison being made against a column in your datasource.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,301)