cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Concatenate Error

I have an error inside of this patch function that is caused by the concatenate. Can someone give me some help on this?

Capture1.PNG

Patch( TimeLog, { DriversName: Dropdown8.Selected.Value, ClockNo: TextInput5.Text, HomeAddress: TextInput6.Text, StartTime1: Concatenate(DropDown3.Selected.Value, ":", DropDown4.Selected.Value), EndTime1: Concatenate(DropDown5.Selected.Value, ":", DropDown6.Selected.Value),
StartTime2: TextInput9.Text, EndTime2: TextInput10.Text, StartTime3: TextInput11.Text, EndTime3: TextInput12.Text});UpdateContext({defaultClock:"", defaultAddress: ""}); Navigate(Screen1, ScreenTransition.None)

8 REPLIES 8
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @tbrantley -- the formula seems syntacticlaly correct. What is the error message you are seeing? 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tbrantley,

What is the data type of the StartTime and the EndTime fields in your data source?

If they are not string value, then you may need to convert them into Date/time value using the corresponding function:

"

The DateValue function converts a date string (for example, "10/01/2014") to a date/time value.

The TimeValue function converts a time string (for example, "12:15 PM") to a date/time value.

The DateTimeValue functions converts a date and time string (for example, "January 10, 2013 12:13 AM") to a date/time value.

"

Reference:

DateValue,TimeValue, and DateTimeValue functions in PowerApps

For example:

StartTime1: Timevalue(Concatenate(DropDown3.Selected.Value, ":", DropDown4.Selected.Value))

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@erga

"Concatenate has some invalid arguments"

@v-micsh-msft

The data type of the fields are text

@v-micsh-msft

Your solution worked!  Once it is stored in my sharepoint list, how can i retreive these values back?

Hi @tbrantley,

You should be able to format the text with the Text() function:

Text function in PowerApps

If you would like to only show the time string, then we could use the text function as below:

Text(
       ThisItem.DateTime,
       "[$-en-US]hh:mm:ss",
       "en-US")

Check to see if this works for you.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-micsh-msft

It formats the text the correct way.

Capture1.PNG

I would like for it to show the time like this

Capture2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im new here and trying to post for help.. Below is my code and Im getting an error that states that the "The function Concat has some invalid arguments".. What makes the arguments invalid?

office365Outlook.SendEmail("somebody@outlook.com", "New Ticket", Concat(Incident, "Name: " & Name & Char(10) & "Phone: " & Phone & Char(10) & "Email: " & Email & Char(10) & "Category: " & Category & Char(10) & "Impact: " & Impact & Char(10) & "Short Description: " & 'Short Description' & Char(10) & "Full Description: " & 'Full Description' & Char(10)))

This code is attached to an "Email" button in a form, that when pressed should send out..

Name:

Phone:

Email:

Impact:

Short Description:

Full Description:

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,396)