Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdedic
Advocate I
Advocate I

Concatenate and Display Records in the Gallery

Hi,

I want to concatenate and display records in a gallery from two columns. One column is a lookup column named 'Skill' and it holds predefined IT skill names. Second column is choice column named 'Skill Level' from which user can pick skill levels from 1 to 3. Both these columns are inside one table called 'Resource Skill Sets', whereas 'Skill' column looks at the 'Skill' table. The gallery where I want to display records is using another table called 'Resources'. There is a relation between these tables and I am displaying various other records without any problem (so the relation is not the issue here for sure 🙂 ).

To summarize:

Table:

'Resource Skill Sets'

Columns:

'Skill Level', type: Choice

'Skill', type: Lookup, Related table: 'Skill'

Gallery data source: 'Resource' table

Data source: Dataverse

As I said, I want to concatenate and display in the gallery all skills with associated skill levels that are previously selected by the user. For instance, I have two skills: Microsoft Power Platform, Microsoft Azure, with skill levels: 1, 2, respectively, which should be displayed like this: Microsoft Power Platform 1, Microsoft Azure 2.

I am able to display the first record from the 'Skill' column with associated skill level, but I can't find the way to concatenate and display all records from the 'Skill' column with skill levels from the 'Skill Level' column. Here is the screenshot of the form where user can select Skill and Level:

sdedic_0-1645003837317.png

Here is the gallery how it is currently displayed (under 'Skill Set' it is showing only the first record for each resource/employee):

sdedic_2-1645004416231.png

I hope I explained it well and it doesn't sound too complicated.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,398)