Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csommerfield
Helper I
Helper I

Concatenate gallery not working for text input, only labels

Hello!

I'm currently developing a repeating table on my form using a gallery. Ive added controls for adding and removing rows. In each rows I have 1 label (which displays a sequential number) and 2 text input fields for inputting a "Location" and "PSI" level. I'm using Concatenate to join the data together and save it in a multiline column in sharepoint. 

This is the code I have for setting the variable with the concatenated data: 

Set(
    varGalleryData,
    Concat(
        MonitorPressureRT_Gallery.AllItems,
        Concatenate(
            ppItemNumber_Label.Text,
            ". Location: ",
            ppLocationItem_Input.Text,
            " - PSI: ",
            ppPSIItem_Input.Text,
            " | "
        )
    )
);

I'm able to patch it to the sharepoint field of the item just fine but it's only applying the label control's text and not the text input text. It looks like this

1. Location: - PSI: | 2. Location: - PSI: | 3. Location: - PSI: |

Whereas it should say something like this

1. Location: 23rd Street - PSI: 5000 | 2. Location: 22nd Street - PSI: 8000 | 3. Location: Hinley Road - PSI: 12000 |

It's only apply the label's text and not the text input controls text.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csommerfield ,

Could you show me your setting of this field?

I've made a similar test and found that your formula is right. It works good for me.

Here's my formula:

Concatenate(Label4.Text,
            ". Location: ",TextInput1.Text,
            " - PSI: ",TextInput2.Text," | ")

10244.PNG

My result contains the text in textinputs.

Are you sure that before you set the variable, the textinputs have value?

If you firstly use this set function, then enter data in the textinputs, the variable value will not change automatically.

You need to firstly enter data in the textinputs, then act this formula, for example click a button.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey! Thank you for helping. I think what your testing may not be the same thing as what I have. I'm trying to concatenate an entire gallary.

Here are some screen grabs

gallery.PNG

left bar.PNG

formula on button i have to patch data to sharepoint list WAPApprovalformula on button i have to patch data to sharepoint list WAPApproval

What the SP list is showingWhat the SP list is showing

@v-yutliu-msft I also thought it may've been a problem with patch. But looking at the variable it shows the same information. I also set a label to the varGalleryData and that as well shows the same value of just the first label and blank for location and PSI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,708)