cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Concatenate giving wrong value (date instead of integer)

This is a weird error. 

I am concatenating an integer database field from  (Formula:  Concatenate("#", Text(CurrentProj.VolunteerProjectInstanceID)). The result that I am getting is #12/31/1969 4:00PM  Aside:  I have no idea what this date is or where it would come from.

When I copy the field, I get the correct response #15.  If I edit the field, it will display the correct response. 

It has worked correctly in past.  Only in the last 2 or 3 weeks have users been contacting me about a weird value appearing instead of the project number. I am scratching my head and have come to my wits end.  I have republished the app multiple times.  The attached PNG is a visual of what is described above.

Thanks for your consideration.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Re: Concatenate giving wrong value (date instead of integer)

Hi @ToddM1 

Did you check the value of the field from its data source?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Concatenate giving wrong value (date instead of integer)

The field, CurrentProj.VolunteerProjectInstanceID, is defined as an Integer and only integers are stored in that field when I query the SQL database.

The reason it doesn't make any sense is:

1. If I copy the field, I get the correct calculation. 
  2. If I create a new field and recreate the forumula, I get the correct calculation.  
  3. If I edit the field, I get the correct calculation

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,250)