cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Concatenating text with variable in a label

I have a label with 3 lines of text, each on a single line.   Included in this is variable data.   I am having one issue in that my variable seems to be displayed twice.   Not quite sure why this is happening.   Line breaks are accomplished by using shift+enter.

The var should be a single 3, but as you can see it's displaying twice.    In the second image, #1 is the variable with the rest of the text.  #2 is a label showing the contents of the variable.

concatwvarformula.png    

ConcatwithVar.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

So, even thought it's Tuesday, it's obviously Monday for me and I haven't had near enough coffee.   In trying to figure this out, I had initially created another label that was layered on top of that one to contain the variable text.

I failed to remove that label, once I figured out how to include the variable in the text of the main label.   Now that I have removed the label, the duplicate '3' has conveniently disappeared.  My apologies for any time you have spent trying to figure this out on my behalf.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Your formula seems ok. It may be the variable itself. Can you show how you created the variable

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

I updated the post just as you were answering.  You can see from the image below that the variable only contains a single 3 (#2).  The data source is a single line of text column.

ConcatwithVar.png

versionvariable.png

Highlighted

Have you checked the actual version number? In your data. The picture you have shown indicate 33.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

So, even thought it's Tuesday, it's obviously Monday for me and I haven't had near enough coffee.   In trying to figure this out, I had initially created another label that was layered on top of that one to contain the variable text.

I failed to remove that label, once I figured out how to include the variable in the text of the main label.   Now that I have removed the label, the duplicate '3' has conveniently disappeared.  My apologies for any time you have spent trying to figure this out on my behalf.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,142)