cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Concurrent User Edit. ETAG Miss-match Error

Problem Statement: 

We implemented two SP Lists with 360 Columns/fields. We created MS PA Form and intended to publish it to multiple users for updating these fields. 

However when multiple users accessing the same form and updating different fields and Saving them, first person who saved the data are updating in the lists and showing them on the PA. next person updates are vanishing. 

We used MS PA with PATCH Function. attaching the code and screenshot. 

We have tried multiple suggestions from this forum but none of them worked. Please help us with resolving this problem. this is very critical for this application and can save lot of time for users. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Concurrent User Edit. ETAG Miss-match Error

@v-micsh-msft @mdevaney @v-monli-msft @v-yutliu-msft Please review the error. It seems, it is MS product error. can you check the code and throw some light?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AK22 ,

Could you share more with your scenario?

Do the users patch the modification to the same record at the same time?

If so, currently, PowerApps doesn't support Concurrent edit, It will show the error 'Conflicts exist with changes on server'.

If you want this feature, Please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas .  If your feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your response. here is the scenario:

WE built 2 Sharepoint lists with 360 columns. These fields belongs to 16 different Business Process areas. 

16 Business users trying to get into this form and edit their OWN fields but NOT the same (single) field will be edited by multiple users.

I have attached code and screenshot of my development. You can check that. 

let me know, if you need further details. 

Also adding @PowerAddict to this conversation.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @AK22, I am not sure I completely understand your use case but do you think you could have a few more smaller lists where one of the columns will be a lookup to that unique entry in your primary list. I am no expert in SharePoint but I would assume you could then use those values to auto populate the fields in your original list. Does that make sense?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://www.thepoweraddict.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,845)