Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morghan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Condition syntax - PowerApps Custom form

Hello,

I have a Choice column in a custom list where I am also creating a custom PowerApps form. I want to display the "Envelope Type" card (aka "Envelope Type_DataCard1") if "Envelopes" is one of the chosen items from the drop-down choice list (aka DataCardValue14) in my screenshots; OTHERWISE hide the card if Envelopes is not chosen at all. It works if I ONLY choose Envelopes, but if I choose other items, it is hiding the card. I searched online but not finding a straight forward answer... What would the syntax be for "Rule2" in my screenshot?

screenshot-001..jpg

screenshot-01..jpgscreenshot-02..jpg

Thank you in advance,
M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Morghan ,

Do you want to enable multiple options within the "What do you need?" field data card (DataCardValue14)?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think it is not necessary to create a Rule to achieve your needs. Please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Visible property of the Envelope Type_DataCard1 in Edit form to following:

If(
    "Envelopes" in DataCardValue14.SelectedItems.Value,
     true,
     false
)

If you still want to create a Rule to achieve your needs, please modify the formula within the Condition box of your Rule as below:

"Envelopes" in DataCardValue14.SelectedItems.Value

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Krishna92
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Morghan 

Could you please try the expression 

"envelope" in Datacardvalue14.selected.value

Also please try updating the visibility property of the envelope card with above expression by enclosing it in a if condition and check if that helps.

if("envelope" in Datacardvalue14.selected.value,true,false)

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Morghan ,

Do you want to enable multiple options within the "What do you need?" field data card (DataCardValue14)?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think it is not necessary to create a Rule to achieve your needs. Please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Visible property of the Envelope Type_DataCard1 in Edit form to following:

If(
    "Envelopes" in DataCardValue14.SelectedItems.Value,
     true,
     false
)

If you still want to create a Rule to achieve your needs, please modify the formula within the Condition box of your Rule as below:

"Envelopes" in DataCardValue14.SelectedItems.Value

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-xida-msft - that was exactly it. I was using "Selected.Value" instead of "SelectedItems.Value" - Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,014)