Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamacona
Helper I
Helper I

Conditional Menu in a Canvas Form

Hello

I am trying to build a form with many sections, I prefered to use Patch for the data but for the menu (that has to be vertical because of the number of menu items) I do not have idea.

I was trying to build something with buttons and conditions, the first screen has a dropdown menu that makes the condition of which menu items will show, if some is selected it has to show only certain screens and certain fields.

But when I try I do not know how to list the menu items, (the buttons). I see it is not practical to put them in that way because if I deactivate one for one screen it will show a hole for the next one.

I attach screenshots.

Thank you

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 10.04.10.pngScreenshot 2022-04-29 at 10.03.12.pngScreenshot 2022-04-29 at 10.03.05.png

2 REPLIES 2
SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Mamacona 

You could collapse the height of the item based on its own visibility property, so that when it deactivates, it doesn't take up any space and all the other active buttons align vertically.

On the HEIGHT property of any button (if the condition of active/deactive is in the Visible property):

Height: If(Self.Visible, 100, 0)

hope this helps!

Thank you for your answer! 

I put it and indeed the button collapses but the one below does not go up, I am missing something.

2022-05-02 14_53_57-Power Apps.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,609)