cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheff
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Onselect for Datatable

Hi, I am using an If/IsBlank statement to determine wether or not a record exists with particular parameters. In this column I get "Needed" or "Completed".  I would like to make this an active hyperlink with the OnSelect using a condition to determine which screen to send the user when clicked. 
This doesnt appear to be working: 

If(StatusCol.Text = "Needed", Navigate(Screen1), Navigate(screen2))

Are If Statements able to be used in the OnSelect property of a Datatable? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sheff ,

Do you want to navigate to different screens based on the corresponding Status Column value?

Based on the formula you provided, I think there is something wrong with it. The result the StatusCol.Text formula returns is always blank.

As an alternative solution, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Please modify your formula as below (I assume that your data source is a SP List😞

If(
DataTable1.Selected.Status.Value = "Needed", /* <-- Status is a Choice type column in your SP list, which used to store the "Needed" value and "Completed" */
Navigate(Screen1),
Navigate(screen2)
)

If your data source is not a SP list, and the Status column is a Text type column, please modify above formula as below:

If(
   DataTable1.Selected.Status = "Needed"
   Navigate(screen2)
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sheff ,

Do you want to navigate to different screens based on the corresponding Status Column value?

Based on the formula you provided, I think there is something wrong with it. The result the StatusCol.Text formula returns is always blank.

As an alternative solution, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Please modify your formula as below (I assume that your data source is a SP List😞

If(
DataTable1.Selected.Status.Value = "Needed", /* <-- Status is a Choice type column in your SP list, which used to store the "Needed" value and "Completed" */
Navigate(Screen1),
Navigate(screen2)
)

If your data source is not a SP list, and the Status column is a Text type column, please modify above formula as below:

If(
   DataTable1.Selected.Status = "Needed"
   Navigate(screen2)
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Perfect, thanks @v-xida-msft.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,012)