Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Job_tr
Advocate I
Advocate I

Conditional visibility sharepoint list item in custom form

Hello, 

I'm trying to get a message to appear in my custom form when a listitem in sharepoint has a certain value, but I can't get it to work. I have a text label, and I want someting like this on the visible property: if(testlist1.name = "george", true, false)

So, only when the name "george" is in the name-column of the sharepoint list I want to see the message in my custom form. The syntax I used in my my example is incorrect, but I don't know what I should do to make it work. For now, the equal sign tells me "invalid argument type".

Can anyone tell me how to do this? 

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Job_tr 

A SharePoint List has zero, one, or more than one record. Therefore you must put the SharePoint List (or ideally, a filtered subset) in a Gallery. Then, an item from the Gallery should be selected. Then, you would use GalleryControl.Selected.YourColumn

Alternatively, instead of using a Gallery, you can do this with no Gallery - do a LookUp to get one record like this:

If(

LookUp
          SomeDataSource

SomeCriteria 

).SomeColumn = "SomeDesiredValue"

doThis
  doSomethingElse

)

Check if it helps @Job_tr 

If you meant the name of the SharePoint List itself, please clarify this -  do you mean that you have multiple SharePoint Lists and you want to check the title of the List data source itself? 

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your response. In the end it was not the exact answer I was looking for, but it got me on the right track. It turned out that I needed to use ' ThisItem.Name = "George" ' in the visible property of the datacard. And along the way I learned a lot about LookUp.

Thanks again,

Greetings

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,017)