cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpragsdale
Level: Powered On

Conditions with UserPhotov2

Hello,

I'm new to PowerApps but am trying to learn the platform.  I am building a Employee Search App and have most of the app working, but am now trying to add the eomployee photo when each employee is selected.  I have been search this community and others, but have not been able to find a solution that works yet.

When I use Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(First(Employee).Id) it pulls the photo and everything works.  However when I run the app, I get an error: Office365Users.UserPhoto failed: The method 'UserPhoto' has an invalid value for parameter 'userId'

I was thinking if I use an if statement, that may help.  I'm trying something like this:  If(Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(First(Employee).Id).HasPhoto=false,SampleImage,Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(First(Employee).Id) . However I get the attached formula errors.

If anyone can provide asssistance, I would greatly appreciate the help.

2 REPLIES 2
jpragsdale

Re: Conditions with UserPhotov2

This doesnt throw errors when launched from a computer, but does from a mobile device.  It also do not generate any errors in Studio.

If(!Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(First(Employee).Id),Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(First(Employee).Id),SampleImage)

NMCLEOD

Re: Conditions with UserPhotov2

Hi, I'm seeing the same errors with an app I've created and when I try to solely use the template 'People' screen.  Have you rasied a support ticket?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,246)