Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate V
Advocate V

Confirm exit message with Exit() VS Launch() with Target.Self

Hi,

I'm making MobileApps and WebApps.

My problems:

• Exit() confirm message cannot be created via formula. If I hardcode the confirm message, it works. If i refer to a TextInput.text it doesn't use the text and works like I wouldn't had maintained a confirm text.
  • The Launch() function with the new Target argument don't use the confirm exit message. I got the message "This page is aksing you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved". And even worse: On mobile (iOS Version 3.20052.16), there is no message at all?!

How do you handle this topic?

I'm also thinking about creating an New Idea to update the Exit function with a Target property.

2 REPLIES 2
Resolver II
Resolver II

1. Your Exit() will be considered as string If you will refer to a TextInput.text that't why its not working.
2. You can create popup box  for that condition(Use popupbox_var in visible property). When you click on button then write this code:

Set(popupbox_var,true);

and in popup box use two button yes and no, and also show text there that:
This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved
Use this code on Yes:  Launch(whatever your link)
and on No: 

Set(popupbox_var,false);

I am attaching a sample popup box not exactly:
image.png

Thanks for your feedback.

I know how to create a popup, but I don't want to have a static message if I'm closing the actual tab in webbrowser or if I close the app on my iOS device.

And I'm also confused while I get a message in webbrowser if I use the launch() function, but not on my mobile device.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,045)