Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Confirm exit message with Exit() VS Launch() with Target.Self

Hi,

I'm making MobileApps and WebApps.

My problems:

• Exit() confirm message cannot be created via formula. If I hardcode the confirm message, it works. If i refer to a TextInput.text it doesn't use the text and works like I wouldn't had maintained a confirm text.
  • The Launch() function with the new Target argument don't use the confirm exit message. I got the message "This page is aksing you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved". And even worse: On mobile (iOS Version 3.20052.16), there is no message at all?!

How do you handle this topic?

I'm also thinking about creating an New Idea to update the Exit function with a Target property.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Confirm exit message with Exit() VS Launch() with Target.Self

1. Your Exit() will be considered as string If you will refer to a TextInput.text that't why its not working.
2. You can create popup box  for that condition(Use popupbox_var in visible property). When you click on button then write this code:

Set(popupbox_var,true);

and in popup box use two button yes and no, and also show text there that:
This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved
Use this code on Yes:  Launch(whatever your link)
and on No: 

Set(popupbox_var,false);

I am attaching a sample popup box not exactly:
image.png

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Confirm exit message with Exit() VS Launch() with Target.Self

Thanks for your feedback.

I know how to create a popup, but I don't want to have a static message if I'm closing the actual tab in webbrowser or if I close the app on my iOS device.

And I'm also confused while I get a message in webbrowser if I use the launch() function, but not on my mobile device.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,444)