cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agrilli
Regular Visitor

Conflicts exist with changes on the server, please reload. Server Response: Case_list failed: ETAG mismatch

I have a PowerApps application linked to a SharePoint list.

I have divided the edit screen of my app into three parts, and I’ve added one Edit form within each of these parts. The fields added to each of these Edit Forms are different as they are edited by different teams so the same field is not present in more than one Edit form.

On button select I have the following code:

Set(VarCaseStatus,”Completed”);

SubmitForm (EditForm1);

SubmitForm (EditForm2);

PowerAppflow.Run(Lookup(SP_list, List_Field=DataCardValue38_5.Text,LockedBy));

Navigate(Screen_Success)

The variable VarCaseStatus is used to update the value of a field present in the “EditForm1” as the fields within this form have DisplayMode=View.

Recently the following error message started to appear:

Conflicts exist with changes on the server, please reload. Server Response: Case_list failed: ETAG mismatch. clientRequestID … serviceRequestId…

I've tried to disconnect and reconnect SP list and I also tried to add a data source refresh within the code but without success.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for me?

Thanks for your consideration

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @agrilli ,

Are EditForm1 and EditForm2 based on the same List - if so the second one will cause that error as it is now writing to a different (updated) version of the record.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @agrilli ,

Are EditForm1 and EditForm2 based on the same List - if so the second one will cause that error as it is now writing to a different (updated) version of the record.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @agrilli ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hi @WarrenBelz, thanks for your suggestion and I apologise for getting back to you so late on that. I realised that I probably posted my question too early.

Yes, your assumption is correct: both forms are submitting to the same SP list but this configuration was present even in an earlier version of my app without prompting me this error message (each form contains different fields of the same list).

Your suggestion helped me to take a different approach in fulfilling my requirement.

Thanks a lot

Bkh
Regular Visitor

@agrilli   sorry i maybe too late to approach you, however could you please help me understand how did you solve your problem. i am afraid i am facing the same issue.

agrilli
Regular Visitor

@Bkh I'm sorry but it happened too far in the past and I cannot remember details on that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,247)