cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
overheadpress18
Advocate I
Advocate I

Connect and update Sharepoint list with PowerApps form

On the left of the picture I have a form in my PowerApps connected to the SharePoint list on the right. How can I connect the two so that if the name in my PowerApps matches the name in the SharePoint list the items will correspond to the values in the SharePoint? For example, right now the name should match between the two so item 1, item 2 and item 3 should be toggled automatically in my PowerApps because it is checked in the SharePoint. 

Right now if I click submit in my PowerApps it would just create a new record in my SharePoint regardless if the name matches or not. I would like it to create a new record in my SharePoint if the name doesn't match in PowerApps. Thanks! 

10 REPLIES 10
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@overheadpress18 Tell me if you got this to work and if so, the Formula you have.

I did not test mine in detail, it was for guidance only. I noticed it was accepted as solution.

I double checked my response - I left it exactly as it was, but I added something after it, because I think the response as I gave it might not have been quite correct even if it was accepted as the solution. I just now edited my response to include information that I think will make it more correct.

Can you post here reply how you got it to work in your case? In the event someone comes across this post and has similar issue as you, I want that person to have as much correct info as possible to figure it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,466)