Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ck25415
Post Patron
Post Patron

Connect edit form datacard to a data table

Hello,

I have a  multiline text field in a edit form on screen 2 , I need to link this field to an item selected in a datatable on screen1 so that when user inputs comments in this field it saves in the same item which is selected in the datatable on screen1.(the fields in screen 1 and screen2 are different).  Please let me know

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ck25415,

Could you please explain a bit for:

"

so that when user inputs comments in this field it saves in the same item which is selected in the datatable on screen1

"

Does the Multiline TextInput need to save the data to the data source configured under the DataTable, or just need to show its Value under the DataTable?

For the DataSource update, we could take use of Patch() function, when submitting the Form changes.

Patch(DataSource, Lookup(DataSource, Field=DataTableFieldValue), {Field:ValueUpdate})

If you would like to show the value under the DataTable, but not save it to the data source, then please change the Text(Or the Default ) Property of the Field with:

DataCardValue.Text

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Michael,

I wanted to save the data to the datasource under the datatable so I have used the lookup function. I did not use the patch function along with lookup. below is the expression I have used.

Lookup( datasource, ID=datatable.selected.ID)

Its working for me, let me know if there are any improvements.

Thanks for the support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,086)