Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredEsn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Connect facebook from Power App : getting problems

Hi Guys,

I try to add in my app a facebook connector.

Once it is done (I passed the auth), I can see in the datasource list a new FACEBOOK with my name. So far so good.

... but I can also see some other connectors created from _1 to _6. I also noticed that the _3 Item has another log (not the facebook one), sort of "World" logo.

... but here comes my question. On this list, I am supposed to select a connector, and then select the fields that I want to display. But I don't see any option to select one of the connectors, and a click has no effect.

I attached a screenshot.

Could you advise me ?

Thank a lot

Fred

5 REPLIES 5
johnsonjohn
Helper I
Helper I

You have added the same connection on one screen multiple times because of which the connection is listed multiple times. Try to insert a gallery choose layout and select any one of the existing Facebook connection as the source

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

The problem is that when I have this list, whatever I do (click, etc) nothing happens. the secreen seem to be read only.

I attached another screenshot to show you my experience.

Thanks for the advice.

REgards.

fred

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FredEsn,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to choose one Facebook connector as a data source within your Data Table control?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I suppose that you want to choose one Facebook connector as a data source within your Data Table control, is it true?

I think you have some misunderstanding in the type of data sources in PowerApps. There are two types of data source within PowerApps -- Tabular data source and Action data source.

More details about the types of data source in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections-list

Currently, within PowerApps, the Data Table control (like Edit form, Display form, etc) is required to provide tabular data source as its data source value. But the Facebook connector is a Action data source (like as Office 365).

If you want to list data from your Facebook connector within the Data Table control, you could consider call corresponding function the Facebook connector provided as below:2.JPG

Set the Items property of the Data Table control to following:

Facebook.MyTimeline().data
Facebook.UserTimeline("UserId").data

More details about the available functions the Facebook connector provides, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/facebook/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Kris,

Thanks for this feedback.

I think I get stuck in the middle of this process. I attached again a screenshot.

I successfully can see my facebook connector, but when I select it I see many connections (that I have not created)... but none of them are clickable.

This "non clickable" interface is really where I get stuck.

I did it the wrong way ?

Thanks a lot !

Regards.

Fred

Anonymous
Not applicable

adding in @LanceDelano to review and assist. 

@Anonymous

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,620)