cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rollyrulona
Level: Powered On

Connect related data sources

Hi,

I have generated an app from Business Relations table (SMMBUSRELTABLE) in AX 2009 on premises. Naturally, PowerApps generated a Browse Screen, a Detail Screen and an Edit Screen.

The Browse Gallery shows the list of business relation account present and when clicking on the "NextArrow" icon, it navigates me to the Detail Screen where the details of that specific business relation account is shown.

I want to add a button which will navigate me to a list of activities for that business relation account (see picture below). This activity list in AX is a table of its own which is related to the business relations table.

How do I "relate" these tables in PowerApps?

I assume that I have to make a second Browse Screen for the activity list and a second Detail Screen for the activity details.

powerapps activities.JPG

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connect related data sources

Hi @rollyrulona ,

How do you relate the "business relation account" list with the "Activity" list within your AX 2009?

Do you want to list all related "Activity" record based on the selected  "business relation account" in your BrowseGallery1?

Based on the thought you mentioned, I think you are in a right direction. Firstly, you need to create two separated screens (ActivcityBrowse Screen & Activity Detail Screen) to list all available "Activity" records and detail info of a specific activity.

I assume that there is column called Activity in your "business relation account" table, which references values from the Activity column (Primary column) in your "Activity" Table.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

1. Add a Button/Icon within your BrowseGallery1, which used to navigate to ActivityBrowse screen. Set the OnSelect property of this Button to following:

Navigate(ActivityBrowseScreen)

2. Within your ActivityBrowse screen, add a Gallery control (rename it as "ActivityGallery"), set the Items property of this Gallery to following:

Filter('Activity List', Activity = BrowseGallery1.Selected.Activity)

set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon within this Gallery to following:

Navigate(ActivityDetailScreen)

3. Within the Activity Detail screen, add a Display form, set the Data Source property to your 'Activity List', set the Item property to following:

ActivityGallery.Selected

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rollyrulona

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

Thanks for the reply.

As shown in my initial post, there is just a button in "Activities" in the Business Relations Form which, by clicking, opens the related activities for the selected business relation account.

I have initially made the app with the Business Relations table (SMMBUSRELTABLE) alone as my data source where it generated a browse screen, a detail screen, and an edit screen - the standard stuff.

I added a new Browse Screen (ActivityBrowseScreen) where the data source is the Activity Table (SMMACTIVITIES). By doing this, it did not create a new detail screen and edit creen. Additionally, I do not know how to link this table with the business relations table. My thought is that, I create an "Activities" button in the detail screen (DetailScreen1) for business relation which will navigate me to the related activities of that business relation account.

PowerApps Activity Button.JPG

There is no "Activity" column in the business relations table. There is, however, a tab in the activities table called "Associations" where you can see the related business relation account for that activity (see illustration below where I open the business relations table>selected a business relation account>clicked on the activities button to the right>the activities table opens and I selected an activity from the list>clicked on the associations tab to see the related business relation account which matches - the blue curve).

powerapps activities.JPG

However, the activity table does not have a column called ParentID. This ParentID column is located in another table called SMMACTIVITYPARENTLINKTABLE. I assume that this is what is called an intermediate table that relates these two tables? The figure below shows the SMMACTIVITYPARENTLINKTABLE where we can see that the there are different Parent Types and I am interested in the "Business Relations" parent type.

smmactivityparentlinktable.JPG

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Rolly

rollyrulona

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,363)