cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matteoooooapps
Frequent Visitor

Connect two forms with a common column

Hi,

I'm making a form for contract management on PowerApps.

I have two lists:

• Contracts: it contains all the contract information
  • Employee Notes: it contains all the contract notes. There are 21 columns: the first one is ContractID, the other twenty coloumns are Note1, Note2, Note3, … and so on.

The two lists have in common the column ContractID.

In the first screen (Screen1) I have an edit form called FormNew for submitting new contracts. Once submitted a form, the information will be stored in the list Contracts. In a second screen (Screen2) I made a gallery (GalleryContract), in which you can search for an existing contract and move to another screen (Screen3). In this third screen there is an edit form called FormOverview (in view mode) which summarises the selected contract information from the list Contracts. I want to add a new form, in the same screen (Screen3), which allows the user to add an note and record it on the Employee Notes list.

I'd like the form to pick the contract ID from the FormOverview and show (in edit form) the selected contract notes.

Can you please point me out how to connect the two forms?

And also, is there a better solution to store the employee notes?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

In your Screen 2 where GalleryContract is there you can add below formula on Select of Gallery => Set(varContractRecord, ThisItem); Navigate(Screen3)
In Screen3, Set the Item property of FormOverview to varContractRecord and Datasource to Contracts.
Below FormOverview you can add new form to capture Employee Notes. To capture any column value from selected Contract you can use varContractRecord.Title or varContractRecord.ID. Just make sure to have one common field in both the lists so it will be easier for you to manage

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,034)