Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshieboy
Helper V
Helper V

Connecting PowerApps to Google Sheets

Hello,

I connected my PowerApp to Google Sheets but want to share the app with other users.  Users are being prompted to login to gmail when trying to access the app.  I do not want to give out the credentials for the account to users so was wondering if there is a way to easily connect my app to a Google Sheet/s and seamlessly share with other users.  Any guidance appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Users need to have access to the datasource. Only in that way they can do something with the data

So, you should also share the google sheets with them

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

My website!

My blog!

joshieboy
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Nogueira1306 - thanks for the feedback.  So are you saying that if I use the Share feature from Google sheets and add the respective users email addresses there, that when they try to access the PowerApp they will not need to sign in?

timl
Super User
Super User

@joshieboy 

Once you share the Google sheet with the respective users email address,  the users will still need to sign in with their Google account when they first access the Power App.

Oh ok.  I am going to test this out and see the result.  Once this works well I will accept as solution.  Thank you @timl for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,135)