cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpitapd

Connecting PowerApps to SQL Server without giving access to SQL server

Hello,

I have created a form on PowerApps which runs a flow using power automate that is connected to SQL Server to pull SQL server tables in the form.

I want to distribute the link to the PowerApps form to everyone in the organization. The employees will submit their data to the form and this information should get stored in SQL Server. 

Everything works great if an employee/user has contributor access to SQL server.

However, I do not want to give any level of access to the employees to SQL Server (except for the creators of the App). 

Is it possible for the employee to add the data via the PowerApps form to SQL server but not have access to SQL server databases/tables/views? Or What can be done to have minimum access to the back-end database?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

All users will need a premium license for Power Apps.  But the SQL connector is an implicitly shared connector.  It uses a connection account to access SQL and individual users don't need access to SQL as long as the connection account has access.  The downside is that since the connection is implicitly shared any user can use it to create their own app.  So although they don't have access the connection does.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (29,269)