cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Connecting app to Power automate

Hi All

I have an app where I am trying to connect a flow to it that runs on pressing a button. For some reason it is not allowing me to add the 'Ask in Power apps components with the run, which is odd. I have this automation connected to another app and that connected as expected with the three ask in power apps components. Is it not possible to connect one flow to multiple apps? I cant see why not?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

I don't think so.   You can only have one trigger on a flow.   So for example if you wanted to have a flow that triggered automatically when an item was created in a list and also be able to trigger it manually, you have to have 2 flows.

So I am pretty certain that to do what you want you will need individual flows. but you might want to ask in the Power Automate community to be sure.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
Helper II
Helper II

Is the starting trigger the Powerapps trigger or is it the flow button for mobile?

Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@JR-BejeweledOne Thats a big shame if two identical flows have to be created and managed.

@GeigerCDill The starting trigger is the power apps trigger, which asks for the data from Power App which is just a case of asking for the information from the app as below

Kmayes_0-1611823709251.png

@Kmayes I agree you, I feel like that should not be the case. If it is, I hope they work on that.

@GeigerCDill I've found for now the only way around the issue is to duplicate the flow and rename it, then remove the power apps trigger, re -add power apps as a trigger the add the 'Ask in Power Apps' elements again. Does anyone know how to suggest this as a change request?

Regular Visitor

Hi Kmayes,

When connecting the application with power automate, power automate allows you to connect it to only one data source.

Equiti_1-1611849576444.png

To connect the application with the power automate from a different source, you can export the version of the power automate,

Equiti_2-1611849662731.png

and then change the source and change the name and then use it in the application.

Regards,

Mahmoud Al-Yabroudi

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (22,595)