cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteM3
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to Azure REST API - custom connector really necessary?

Good evening,

in my Power Apps App I want to connect to the Azure REST API. When checking out the list of connectors for Power Apps, I do not see any fitting connector. Do I really need to setup a custom connector to use one of the most important APIs Microsoft has in Power Apps?

That does not make sense I think - surely I have overlooked something. Or not?

Thanks for your input!

Pete

3 REPLIES 3

@PeteM3 

You might be interested on starting by creating everything except the Canvas App (i.e. the REST API and the Custom Connector), and then to Automatically create a Power App Canvas App from a REST API to use as a starting point.

See if it helps @PeteM3 

PeteM3
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @poweractivate that IS really interesting. But in my case not quite want I am looking for - the Azure API is huge so I am only trying to find out how to best connect to it.

Most things I googled were done with HTTP with Azure AD connector. Not ideal but unless there is something better, most propably the way forward.

Thanks

Pete

PeteM3
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @poweractivate that IS really interesting. But in my case not quite want I am looking for - the Azure API is huge so I am only trying to find out how to best connect to it.

Most things I googled were done with HTTP with Azure AD connector. Not ideal but unless there is something better, most propably the way forward.

Thanks

Pete

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,295)