Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chrisog
Level 8

Connecting to Computer Vision API

Hi,

I have created an Azure account to access the ComputerVision API and have started my trial. I have my subscription keys but for some reason I cannot connect to it through PowerApps. I keep getting the following error:

Access denied due to invalid subscription key or wrong API endpoint. Make sure to provide a valid key for an active subscription and use a correct regional API endpoint for your resource.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or why it refuses to connect. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Connecting to Computer Vision API

Hi @chrisog 

When you create a connector on the Power platform, it should prompt you for three things - name, key and api endpoint.

The name you give it

computerVision.jpg

However, both the account key and the endpoint will have to come from your newly created Vision service in Azure.  (As you have your keys I assume you know this already but just to make sure we're covering the basics, and for the benefit of others);

If you log on to portal.azure.com and select your Vision API service, it usually defaults to the QuickStart view where the first option is to get your keys.  You get to the Keys from here, or select the Keys section or get there from the overview.  For now, we want to get our endpoint as well, so select the 'Overview' section. 

From here, you can see your endpoint URL, as well as your keys.

Make sure this endpoint is what has been configured in your connection in PowerApps - you can view the connector properties in your Connections menu on the PowerApps portal under the Data section.  

You can also completely remove the connector and reconnect, but editing should be fine.

If all this matches up, then I'm not sure what else it could be.

Hope this helps,

RT

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Connecting to Computer Vision API

Hi @chrisog 

When you create a connector on the Power platform, it should prompt you for three things - name, key and api endpoint.

The name you give it

computerVision.jpg

However, both the account key and the endpoint will have to come from your newly created Vision service in Azure.  (As you have your keys I assume you know this already but just to make sure we're covering the basics, and for the benefit of others);

If you log on to portal.azure.com and select your Vision API service, it usually defaults to the QuickStart view where the first option is to get your keys.  You get to the Keys from here, or select the Keys section or get there from the overview.  For now, we want to get our endpoint as well, so select the 'Overview' section. 

From here, you can see your endpoint URL, as well as your keys.

Make sure this endpoint is what has been configured in your connection in PowerApps - you can view the connector properties in your Connections menu on the PowerApps portal under the Data section.  

You can also completely remove the connector and reconnect, but editing should be fine.

If all this matches up, then I'm not sure what else it could be.

Hope this helps,

RT

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,468)