cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to Dynamics from Power Apps in Teams

Hi

I have created a new Power App in Teams, I need to connect to an entity in Dynamics but am struggling to do this, If I click on 'Connectors' I can see the deprecated Dynamics 365 connector but no CDS connectors, I seem to be stuck with the current environment.

I assume I am missing something really obvious, any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Martinmcmahon,

Yes.

Effective May 5, 2020 the Dynamics 365 connector used for Flows, Logic Apps, and Canvas Apps is officially deprecated. We recommend that you do not create new connections using this connector.

Rather than use the Dynamics 365 connector, the Common Data Service (Current Environment) connector should be your first choice if you can use it. You may not be able to use the Common Data Service (Current Environment) connector in every situation today because of the following limitations:

• It is not available in Logic Apps.
  • It does not enable cross-tenant or cross environment connections.
  • It cannot be used for canvas apps that use the Power Apps for Windows client.

Official announcement:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/important-changes-coming#dynamics-365-connector-is-d...

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Martinmcmahon,

Yes.

Effective May 5, 2020 the Dynamics 365 connector used for Flows, Logic Apps, and Canvas Apps is officially deprecated. We recommend that you do not create new connections using this connector.

Rather than use the Dynamics 365 connector, the Common Data Service (Current Environment) connector should be your first choice if you can use it. You may not be able to use the Common Data Service (Current Environment) connector in every situation today because of the following limitations:

• It is not available in Logic Apps.
  • It does not enable cross-tenant or cross environment connections.
  • It cannot be used for canvas apps that use the Power Apps for Windows client.

Official announcement:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/important-changes-coming#dynamics-365-connector-is-d...

Best Regards,
Johnny
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,226)