cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epierrej
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to SQL Server with a service account

I'm using a service account to control write access to a SQL server. I want to make it so that no matter who is logged in and using the app, the service account's credentials will be used to access the sql server. Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @epierrej ,

No - if possible (which it is not), that would circumvent and be in breach of the Microsoft licencing requirement (Premium connector) required for each user accessing the SQL database.

There may be a limited Power Automate possibility for new records writing data (trigger off a record creation in a SharePoint list), but you cannot read the live data.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @epierrej ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,059)