cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Connecting to an Access Web App - what happens when Access Web Apps disappear

After finding lots of problems with hybrid access database, I created several Access Web App.  I have seen various posts about how I can link a PowerApp to a Web App, but I am wondering what will happen when the Access Web App is withdrawn. 

What will happen to the link?

Or is the database brought over to PowerApps when it is linked.

I would rather get ahead of the game, having been given notification from Microsoft that Access WebApps are being withdrawn.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Connecting to an Access Web App - what happens when Access Web Apps disappear

Hi @Bluebell,

Have you checked the article below?

Updating the Access Services in SharePoint Roadmap

We no longer recommend Access Services for new apps. This feature will be retired from Office 365. We will stop creation of new Access-based apps in SharePoint Online starting June 2017 and shut down any remaining apps by April 2018.

We know that many of you have come to depend on Access custom web apps and we are working to make the transition to PowerApps as smooth as possible. We have added a feature to   export your data to SharePoint lists where you can create PowerApps and Microsoft Flows. We have also published guidance on how to port your custom web app to PowerApps here.

We will include Access Services and Access Web Apps in the next version of SharePoint Server.   Access Web Apps and Access Services will continue to be supported in all current versions of on-premises SharePoint servers for the remainder of the product lifecycle.

Hope the information above is helpful.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Connecting to an Access Web App - what happens when Access Web Apps disappear

Sorry about my late reply, but it was my daughters wedding at the weekend so events rather overtook me.

Thank you for pointing me to the article but the  article on says about moving the webapp into lists and linking those lists to PowerApps. It was seeing this article that prompted me to email.

• If the lists are linked to PowerApps - what happens when the AWA disappears
  • Are the lists actually imported into PowerApps?

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,887)