Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MattyH
Level 8

Connection Roles in Dynamics365.

Hi,

I hope someone can help, and it is very likely that I am missing something obvious, but here is my issue.

We are looking to create a table or view in a Power App which shows a specific range of Connection Types associated to a Contact within our database, and also to show the other end of the connection.

To give more information, our Contacts within our database are connected to a Conference where the contact first showed interest in our company. Depending on the type of interest shown, there are differing types of connection used, for example; Professional, MP or Scholar.

What I want to show is only a certain type of connection, and the Conference they are connected to, in the same table in Power Apps.

Is this currently possible?

Thanks in advance

Matt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MattyH
Level 8

Re: Connection Roles in Dynamics365.

As it turns out, I was overlooking something blindingly obvious.

I have found that I can actually use galleries to get all the details I need, just means navigation through 3 pages, but it certainly does the job required.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The Connection Role entity in Dynamics 365 includes a Category field. This is a global option set (but not used anywhere else in Dynamics 365). You could a new value to this option set, and use this to filter the available connection roles

MattyH
Level 8

As it turns out, I was overlooking something blindingly obvious.

I have found that I can actually use galleries to get all the details I need, just means navigation through 3 pages, but it certainly does the job required.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,567)