cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmegaCaesar
Helper I
Helper I

Connection issues for app & flows in Solution

I'm effectively cross-posting this with the topic I generated here as I don't know which community would be better equipped to solve this: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/How-to-turn-on-connection-within-Solution/m-p...

I recently learned that Solutions in Power Automate allow a parent flow to call a child flow.  So I created a blank Solution and built some parent/child flows.  However, for a Power Automate app to call any of those flows I believe the app has to be in the Solution as well.  So I imported an app I built outside the Solution into the Solution.  I'm now able to call the flows within app but I'm getting this error:

OmegaCaesar_1-1616796545415.png

I get that error regardless of if I'm running the app as a test user account or as my admin account (which owns the app, flow, and created the connections used by the app).

I'm unsure what's causing this issue and am looking for advice on common causes of this error.

Looking at my Solution I see this:

OmegaCaesar_2-1616796653295.jpeg

The 2 connections currently used by my flows are off.  Going through all the menus hasn't yielded a way to turn them on.  I think this might be my problem.  Is there a way to turn those on?

Those same connections are used in other flows which aren't in a solution.  And those other flows work fine.

However, I'm not completely sure turning on those connections will necessary fix the problem.  I created a flow that's just the PowerApps trigger, initializing some variables, and responding to PowerApps.  Yet even that flow gives me the same error.    Is there something else I should be looking at which might fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In the past I have never had any luck getting apps imported into a solution to talk to a flow.  I normally build everything from scratch inside the solution and then there are no issues.  Try building a small sample app inside the solution and see if it can call the flows.  If that works then you know you need to rebuild your app inside the solution or at least remove the connections and add new ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @Pstork1 - good idea.  I initiating a new app from inside the solution and just added 1 button which called the flow.  Alas, it had the exact same problem ("Connection not configured for this service" error).  Any other ideas on what to try?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (90,747)