Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nileshvk
Helper I
Helper I

Connection not configured for this service

Hello All,

We are trying to build canvas app on top of Azure SQL using approach shown in block diagram below. The intention to use this approach is to overcome "premium connector" per user license cost. 

nileshvk_1-1644935216381.png

Block Details:

1. Canvas App

2. SharePoint site: read access to all users

3. Power Automate(1): Write operation to SQL using service account

4. Power Automate(2): Write operation to SharePoint list using service account

I am seeing error "connection not configured for this service" in App checker which is for the power automate(1) shown on left side. 

I need help in understanding:

1. How to solve above error without adding connection to the app?

2. If we can really use above approach or any other tweaks to overcome premium connector license cost?

3. I know SharePoint is not a database, but is below approach suitable based on your experiences?

nileshvk_0-1644936800610.png

Regards,

-NK

1 REPLY 1
skydivertak
Helper I
Helper I

We use a service or admin account that owns/runs the flow itself, even though it is Run() by the end-user app.  In our case, however, we are connecting to a Premium Dataverse data source both through the flow and the app. 

BTW, we have had the "Connection not configured for this service" pop up randomly a couple of times (one just today), even though we haven't changed the app or flow. We are investigating with Microsoft to see what the root cause is. The fix, unfortunately, is to edit the app, remove the connector and re-connect directly in the production version of the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,248)