cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Connection not configured for this service.

I'm not sure if you have gotten a fix already but I was able to get one after working with a Microsoft tech. Basically if it gcc it seems you have to add the user as an owner of the flow not just a user. Once I did that I was able to use the Powerapps based trigger. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Thanks for that info. That also did not work. I am working with Microsoft on this issue and they acknowledge that there is an issue with this.
The steps to reproduce the error I am getting:
1. Ensure device is connected to network
2. Run the app once to ensure it downloads and installs
3. Exit PowerApps
4. Put device in Airplane mode
5. Start PowerApps
6. Start App
7. Enter some data and save it.
8. Turn Airplane mode off (this way network connection becomes active).
9. App is supposed to send data via Flow to SharePoint library. This is where I am getting (connection not configured for this service). I am currently doing this with a timer but a button has the same issue.

And their response the last couple days was:
I received an update from the PG team and they have mentioned that there is a known issue with the Flow for shared users in offline mode. Product team is investigating the issue and working on the fix.

As of now there is no ETA on that.

They have provided the workaround as Close the APP and Re-launch the app again after come to offline this will resolve the flow errors.

So the workaround works but might be an issue for us. Just checking with the Project Manager and Sponsor to see if they are good with that work around for now.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@MauriceVoldI'm experiencing the same issue. It seems that the connection to Flows, and possibly other services, is only established upon app start.

What happens is:
1. Device has no service/is in airplane mode

2. PowerApp is started

3. Device enters service area/airplane mode is turned off while PowerApp is still running

4. User attempts to run a flow in the PowerApp

5. "<Flow name>.Run failed: Connection not configured for this service." error

As far as I know there is no way to "refresh" or attempt to reestablish a connection to Flow on an event such as OnVisible or OnSelect. It seems this is only done on app start.
We either need a way to have this run on event or for Flow runs to attempt to rebuild the connection when they are run. At a minimum we need to be able to catch errors such as this in an if statement to prevent data loss. With a catch we could at least know to SaveData() offline to attempt to run later if the Flow fails. If there is a way to catch the error please let me know!

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Well I was at least saving the data so I have that.  Just need to exit the app and reload was all.  MS is aware if the issue and is supposed to be working on a fix, but I have heard nothing back yet.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to integrate offline capabilities into my app using If(Connection.Connected, run flow; clear saved data, SaveData())
The issue is that Connection.Connected evaluates as true as long as the device has service, even if the Flow connection was not established.
Users are opening the app in no service areas and data is being cached successfully. The user then enters a service area without closing & reopening the app, Connection.Connected returns as true, the Flow attempts to run and fails because the app was started in no service conditions, the cached data is removed, and all their work is lost.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Yes that is what the problem we have as well.  As far as I know MS has not fixed it yet.  Maybe some kind of popup that tells them once they are online they need to exit and restart the app.  Then on restart check to see if you have data saved and upload.  That is how I set mine up.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I have the same issue, I shared the app with about 30 people and 3 of them including me have not any issue with the Flows in my app. But the rest of the users getting this error. Do you guys have any solution?

The Flows I am using is actually very simple, one of them execute Stored Procedure and the other one send email.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I solved this issue with the following steps.

- Copy all the Flows you use and rename it like Flow V1.2

- Delete all the old Flows and connections

- Add the new Flows to your Power Apps

Hope that this works for you. Till now this works for me.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@Anonymous - you rock! That fixed it for my users 🙂

Bites that the bug is happening at all, but I super appreciate that you shared a workaround 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,121)