cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Connection to Azure SQL refused

Hello,

I know this seems to be a already answered question, but I guess the problem could be more on Azure's SQL side. I created a SQL-Database on Azure and tried to connect with PowerApps. I get this error-message:

Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No such host is known.)
clientRequestId: XXX

Sitzungs-ID: XXX

I can access the Database from my computer, but only if I insert my IP in the firewall-settings. The option "Azure services connection allowed" is enabled.

I assume I do have to change something with the firewall? I did not change anything else regarding the firewall, everything is on default.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Connection to Azure SQL refused

I found the solution.

I copied the URL again from the backend and got disposerver.database.windows.net. It worked now. Why?

The JSON I downloaded had disposerver.dataserver.windows.net. Why two URLs?! Seems to be the URL for the server which has the database stored. Wow.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @manuelJoaquim ,

Could you please share a bit more about your error message?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if your client's IP address have access to your Azure SQL Server.

More details about connecting to Azure SQL Server from PowerApps, please check the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO6xfbjnYwc

In addition, please also make sure that your network must not block these services required within PowerApps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config#required-services

Please also check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://guyinacube.com/2016/09/troubleshooting-connectivity-tips/

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38694867/azure-error-a-network-related-or-instance-specific-erro...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Well, as I said, I can access the database with my local machine. I even created a table and some roles within Azure. I inserted my IP within the firewall-settings and everything works from this part.
dbconnection.jpg

But, PowerApps just gives me the posted error message when I follow this instructions: Other solution

Is there something to configure from the PowerApps side? It seems to me that Azures firewall is blocking the cloud service.
This is a screenshot from Azure:
screen04.jpg

The normal SQL Database on a computer for databases. Sorry for the german interface, I can clarify more if this is needed.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I found the solution.

I copied the URL again from the backend and got disposerver.database.windows.net. It worked now. Why?

The JSON I downloaded had disposerver.dataserver.windows.net. Why two URLs?! Seems to be the URL for the server which has the database stored. Wow.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,983)