cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Connection to datasources error - An error occurred on the server. Server Response: not a valid connector Error Response

Hi,

I know there are posts regarding this issue, but none of these actually help to solve the issue. A day ago I started facing the error - An error occurred on the server. Server Response: not a valid connector Error Response

• I am using Sharepoint Online lists as a data source.
  • Error occurs both in PowerApps Studio and while using the app on browser (not using mobile)
  • Windows 10, using Chrome
  • The error occurs when trying to refresh data source or simply retrieve data from it (as example create local collection from sharepoint list)
  • The issue seems to occur with different Sharepoint Lists
  • Tried to remove Sharepoint connector and add it again - no help
  • Tried to disable all experimental settings of the App - no help
  • Tried to clean cache, check internet connection, etc. - no help
  • Sharepoint lists are accesbile fine bo going in directly to the list link
  • Sometimes I get this error, sometimes I don't. Sometimes, before or after getting error, the connection to Sharepoint Lists are super slow, so even though I don't get this error, it is super slow to retrieve the data or refresh the list.

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Connection to datasources error - An error occurred on the server. Server Response: not a valid connector Error Response

Hi @aurelijusm ,

Can you share some formulas or screenshots with your scenario?

Did the error occur after you made changes to your app? Can you share the formulas that call the connection? It may caused by some weird code.

Also, can your other apps call SharePoint connection smoothly? or you can create a new app and check if the connection can work well, so that we can know if the issue is caused by connection or other factors.

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connection to datasources error - An error occurred on the server. Server Response: not a valid connector Error Response

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

Can you share some formulas or screenshots with your scenario?

-Refresh(DataSource); ClearCollect(collectionname, DataSource); Lookup(DataSource, xx=yy, zz). Not sure about Path/Collect, it seems I haven't received an error on these.

Did the error occur after you made changes to your app? 
-No changes have been made.

Also, can your other apps call SharePoint connection smoothly?
-Same issue with other apps connected to different SharePoint lists.

Like today it seems to be working okayish, haven't received an error yet. Yesterday evening was really bad - super slow connection or getting an error. I have tried to remove Sharepoint connector and add it again - didn't help, just broke all Flows and needed to spend hours to fix them. Please also see topic on the same issue here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/unusable-editor-2019-11-22-bug-in-v...
Other people seems to have/had the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,583)